Thursday, October 28, 2010

Paris Day 5

On Monday, there is some National Holiday in Paris/ France, this is why no one will be working. But because of that everyone is being very laid back on Friday, so if nothing was planned beforehand, there would be nothing happening. As I have nothing for Friday, we are going for a looong walk around Paris!
            In fact, my feet are killing me! Notice that it is not only because of high heels, I have been wearing flats today and still…Even when I am lying down or sitting they are still aching L
On Thursday, today, I had a few castings and they all weren’t that far and all went good until the last one. The last casting was out of Paris, like many of them are. Before going there, I specifically checked on the internet where exactly I had to go and I came to the right place, on time, and started looking for the number that I needed. In fact, I needed a building number 36-40, however there were buildings 42 and 32 and nothing between them! So, I walked around, I asked people, then some guys gathered around and started helping me, then I knocked someone’s apartment building to ask whether they knew where 36-40 was. Nothing! Everyone thought that it didn’t exist. Notice, all this was happening in French. In about 30 minutes, I called the agency which told me that I was in the wrong place! I started arguing that it could not happen (although I obviously trusted them, but could not believe it!) and they promised to send me the details on how to get to the right place. When I got the details, I realized that they wanted me to travel around Paris, switch train 3 times and make it to the other metro station that seemed to be close to where I was on the map. Suddenly, I saw another model coming up to where I was. It turned out she was also looking for the same casting and her map also showed this place! Which one of us was crazy? J So, we decided to not take a bunch of trains and go where the agency told us to go but by foot. This wasn’t the best choice for our poor feet, but it definitely saved us time. The problem was that we were on the right street, but it ran to two different directions starting from a main street, and it went to both directions starting from number 1. And no west/east or anything like this. It seemed like we had to guess where to go. So, we finally made it to the casting, where we also had a coffee and afterwards we asked how far the metro station was that was convenient for us. The casting director said it was only 10 minutes away by walk. We walked and walked and walked and finally made it there, forty minutes later… By the way, the other model that we made this journey with turned out to be from my native city in Russia, where I was born and raised before coming to Canada!
Since I did not have anything else after the castings I decided to visit Champs Elyse again. I went in to a few shops, got some great things at good prices, on sale. Some presents for myself, my fiancé and my friends. It was very exciting! Afterwards, when I started seriously loosing feeling of my feet, this time for real, I decided to sit down in Lauduree and enjoy some desert! What a treat that was! I sat down on a closed terrace, ordered caramel tea, macaroons and an éclair, turned on French music on my Ipod and opened the book. It was so great to sit there and enjoy myself. At this moment I thought again how blessed and lucky I was to be doing what I was doing and thanked God and everyone who made it happen for me again and again. I also thought how inspiring Paris was, because here I constantly feel so motivated to do things, I get some great ideas and I am always excited to be doing things! Oui, Merci Beaucoup pour ca, Paris! :)
P.S. Today, a bird sh** on my portfolio… so it better be a good thing. Lol. In Russia we say that it means that I will get a lot of money… fingers crossed for the jobs? ;)
Macaroons at Lauduree


on the way to the casting, near Grand Opera


near my favourite place

Ksenia

No comments:

Post a Comment